This is the second time I have tried to join in with a DS106 class and it’s not going much better than the first time when I sank without trace. I have tried to follow the guidance but am not doing very well at ‘keeping up’.
- I am determined not to be downbeat about this and I have some great contacts like Mariana Funes on whom I can call so I’ll try to count up:
- I did the ‘red still life’ daily create after I saw Jeffrey Keefers but I think I was a day late
Red Still Life from objects in Frances’ kitchen
- I wrote a blog post linking Bowie to cowboys on the day of his death but then didn’t know how to connect it to #western106 #ds106.
- I joined in with a #ds106 radio but was quite late so got l got little from it.
So what can I do now?
- I can recognise that I can’t do ‘daily stuff’ – that doesn’t fit with my life style
- I can ask ask my friends for help
- I can focus on a single goal – mine is to learn to make a GIF from videos
Now I can share with you my flaky progress on that goal. I feel a bit ambivalent about Westerns (apart from Blazing Saddles). One of the issues I have with the genre is that women don’t always get a great deal in Westerns. My idea from recollecting a John Wayne film where he spanked a woman so I thought I could do a ‘critical’ GIF on this topic.
Imagine my horror when I searched youtube and found that ‘spanking women’ was a common trope in Westerns. I think that this is the one I recalled but take my advice – don’t read the youtube comments. Even worse, there is a spanking scene in the Big Bang Theory.
So that’s it, I now to learn to GIF to critique this trope. All help (except spanking) welcome to save us from a clear line from westerns to 50 Shades of Grey.